A dentist offering dental treatment to all members of a family is termed a family dentist. Have you ever been through the hassle of scheduling multiple dental appointments for individual members of your family? It can be quite time-consuming, frustrating at times, and may even cost you a lot more than visiting a common family dentist. Hence, we would like to introduce you to the concept of family dentistry, which is more convenient and economical.
What are the advantages of family dentistry?
- You can take all members of your family to the same dentist for their oral needs, irrespective of their dental concerns and ages. We treat all individuals with utmost care and precision.
- When you start visiting the same family dentist for many years at a stretch, you tend to develop a bond with them. This benefit of familiarity could make you feel more comfortable during the consultations and openly discuss your oral concerns.
- Pediatric dentistry is dedicated to the diagnosis and treatment of dental conditions in younger patients. Kids usually tend to make a fuss while visiting the dentist, fearing the needle and the sophisticated dental equipment. This can make it difficult for the dentist to treat them effectively. Family dentistry makes this easier, as kids could develop bonding and trust in the family dentist after visiting them a few times. More importantly, we stick to a more friendly, fun, and compassionate approach while treating children.
- Based on the mutual understanding between the patient and the dentist, a small personalized discount may be offered over the conventional fee for the procedures.
- Family dentists keep a well-maintained record of your oral health and historic treatment procedures, which can come in handy when you need to get any unforeseen oral condition treated.
What procedures do family dentists offer?
- Routine consultations: They are carried out bi-annually and allow the dentist to determine any oral conditions that may have developed.
- Oral cleaning: The adhered plaque and tartar deposits are removed from the mouth using ultrasonic scaling.
- Fillings: Tooth-colored fillings are used to restore teeth affected by cavities or tooth decay.
- Cosmetic dentistry: Various cosmetic treatment procedures are offered to enhance the aesthetics of your smile. Some of them are teeth whitening, composite bonding, etc.
- Restorative dentistry:Restorations made from dental-grade ceramic are used to restore the teeth to their ideal contour and functionality. Some of the popular ones are veneers, crowns, inlays, onlays, etc.
- Orthodontics:Orthodontic solutions are provided in the form of dental braces or Invisalign to correct the alignment of your teeth.
- Periodontal treatment: Gum diseases are treated by removing the tartar deposits and decayed gum tissues, after which we may use medication and gum graft to bring them back to their ideal condition.
- Replacing missing teeth: Missing teeth can be a huge letdown when you socialize with people. We offer prosthetic restorative solutions in the form of dental bridges, implants, dentures, etc.
You may schedule a consultation with our team of dental experts by calling us at 317-991-4725 or reaching us through an online query. We’re always happy to help.